The September 2018 issue of the free NEBLINE newsletter is now on-line. Visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/nebline and click on the link to the September 2018 NEBLINE!
The NEBLINE is now available in a web-friendly and mobile-friendly format – Check it out HERE!
Here are some of the articles featured in this issue – – – –
- Feature: Septic systems need regular maintenance to function properly
- Food and wellness festival promoted healthier lifestyles
- Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe (Recipe of the month featuring a 4-H Food Smart Families recipe)
- Transitions with young children in early childhood classrooms
- Corn residue impact: Feed or fallow?
- Ag land workshop, Sept. 7 (Local program)
- Iron and manganese in water
- Wastewater professional development trainings (Local program)
- Cow killer ant: Wrongfully accused
- Who pooped? The scoop on scat
- Upcoming early childhood trainings (Local programs)
- Storing vegetables and fruit
- Garden guide: Things to do this month
- Are you interested in gardening and enjoy helping others? Become a Master Gardener volunteer! (Local program)
- Composting demonstrations (Local programs)
- Heart of 4-H Volunteer Award: Nichole Jelinek
- 4-H youth showcase their projects at Super Fair
- Super Fair 4-H/FFA top results
- Livestock Booster Club scholarships
- State 4-H Horse Expo results, 4-H Teen Council invites new members, Rabbit Clinic, Oct. 13, 4-H Information Night, Oct. 16, 4-H Council Golf Tournament Fundraiser, Sept. 16, and more
If you don’t live in Lancaster County, Nebraska, please make sure to check out your local extension office too. Your extension office has resources for you, your family and community. To find your local office, visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/office/locate.shtml (nationwide listing).
Have a great day!!
Responsive. Innovative. Trusted.
Nebraska Extension provides research-based information to help you make informed decisions any time, any place, anywhere –