A recent article last week in Canadian headlines brought attention to the possibility of bed bugs hitchhiking on planes.
Fellow entomologist, Joe Ballenger asked via Twitter how common incidents were of bed bugs on planes. I don’t know the statistics or if there is a document that records this data. From what I know about bed bugs, it is completely possible and frightening to think about.
The following post is a summary and expansion of some of the tweets @JodyBugsMeUNL that took place over the past few days regarding bed bugs and airplanes. Continue reading
The November/December issue of the free NEBLINE newsletter is now on-line. Visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/nebline and click on the link to the November/December 2017 NEBLINE!
Here are some of the articles featured in this issue – – – –
- 4-H’ers Grow Into True Leaders Through Service (feature)
- Holiday Food Safety Bloopers (page 2)
- Spice Pumpkin Shake Recipe with Additional Tips (page 2)
- “Successful Farmer Series” Starts Jan. 5 (page 3)
- Deciding if Cost Outweighs Benefit of Applying Nitrogen in Fall (page 3)
- Plan Now for Pesticide Applicator Training (page 3)
- Upcoming Green Industry Conferences (page 3)
- Pests Associated With Moisture and Mildew (page 4)
- Creating a Wildlife-Friendly Habitat (page 4)
- Recycle Your Live Cut Christmas Tree for Wildlife (page 4)
- Make a Cornucopia From the Garden (page 5)
- 2018 Training for New Master Gardener Volunteers in Lancaster County Begins in February. Please Join Us! (page 5)
- November/December Garden Guide (page 5)
- Teaching Children Gratitude & Kindness (page 5)
- IT’S TIME TO RE-ENROLL IN 4-H! (page 6)
- Heart of 4-H Award Winners (November: Bridget Bogle) (December: Kaiya Green) (page 6)
- AKSARBEN 4-H Results, All Lancaster County 4-H Volunteers
Must be Rescreened in 2017, 4-H Awards and Scholarships (page 6)
- 4-H Horse Awards, Upcoming 4-H Workshops, 4-H Specialty Clubs
Invite New Members) (page 7)
- Meet Kristen Houska, SNAP-Ed Educator; Extension Educator Jody Green wins Communication Award; UNL Service Awards (page 8)
- Extension Calendar; Outgoing 4-H Council Members; Extension Board Applications (page 8)
If you don’t live in Lancaster County, Nebraska, please make sure to check out your local extension office too. Your extension office has resources for you, your family and community. To find your local office, visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/office/locate.shtml (nationwide listing).
Have a great day!!
Responsive. Innovative. Trusted.
Nebraska Extension provides research-based information to help you make informed decisions any time, any place, anywhere –