The October 2017 issue of the free NEBLINE newsletter is now on-line. Visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/nebline and click on the link to the October 2017 NEBLINE!
Here are some of the articles featured in this issue – – – –
- Floodwater and Stormwater Can Contaminate Water Wells
- Where’s the Beef? Frozen Make-Ahead Crumbled Beef
- Chili with Beef and Beans Recipe
- Cover Crop Grazing Partnerships
- New Hazardous Materials Collection Center Open (local)
- About Flood Insurance
- Brown Recluse Spiders: Misidentified, Misdiagnosed and Misunderstood
- Harness the Insect-Eating Goodness of Bats With a Bat House
- White-Nosed Syndrome in Bats: Where to report in Nebraska
- Why So Many Weeds?
- Disaster Preparedness for Families
- Heart of 4-H Award Winner Kate Rawlinson
- 4-H: Household Pets Fest Sept 30, Rabbit Clinic Oct 21, Paper Basket Workshop Nov 4, Horse Awards Night Oct 5, Leader Training Oct 26, Thank you 4-H Sponsors and Volunteers!, Nebraska State Fair 4-H Results, 4-H Council Alumni Scholarship, Seeking New 4-H Council Members, Make it With Wool Contest Nov 18
- Extension Board Applications Due Nov 1
- Ag Society Hall of Fame 2017 Awards: Ron Snover, Jim Countryman
- 4-H Information Night Oct 10, 4-H Council Golf Tournament Fundraiser, Oct 1
If you don’t live in Lancaster County, Nebraska, please make sure to check out your local extension office too. Your extension office has resources for you, your family and community. To find your local office, visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/office/locate.shtml (nationwide listing).
Have a great day!!
Responsive. Innovative. Trusted.
Nebraska Extension provides research-based information to help you make informed decisions any time, any place, anywhere –