2. Hug them, hold them and respond to their needs and interests.
3. Listen carefully as your children communicate with you.
4. Read aloud to your children every day, even when they are babies. Play and sing with them often.
5. Say “yes” and “I love you” as much as you say “no” and “don’t.”
6. Ensure a safe, orderly and predictable environment, wherever they are.
7. Set limits on their behavior and discipline them calmly, not harshly.
Source: The NEBLINE Newsletter (Nov/Dec14 issue) Early Development Network Babies Can’t Wait
Here’s to keeping families first … until next time,
Responsive. Innovative. Trusted.
Nebraska Extension provides research-based information to help you make informed decisions any time, any place, anywhere – http://lancaster.unl.edu
If you live outside of Lancaster County, Nebraska, be sure to check out the university extension resources in your community. To find your local office, visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/office/locate.shtml