“For the golden corn
and the apples on the tree,
For the golden butter
and honey for our tea;
For fruits and nuts and
berries, that grow
beside the way
For birds and bees and
flowers, we give thanks
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from all of us here at Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County! Today, we recycled the fall decorations from our office by placing them into the Cherry Creek Pollinator Habitat. It will be fun to watch the wildlife on the live camera as they check out the pumpkins, squash […]
via Happy Thanksgiving! — The Buzz at Cherry Creek
1. Talk often with your children from the day they are born.
2. Hug them, hold them and respond to their needs and interests.
3. Listen carefully as your children communicate with you.
4. Read aloud to your children every day, even when they are babies. Play and sing with them often.
5. Say “yes” and “I love you” as much as you say “no” and “don’t.”
6. Ensure a safe, orderly and predictable environment, wherever they are.
7. Set limits on their behavior and discipline them calmly, not harshly.
Source: The NEBLINE Newsletter (Nov/Dec14 issue) Early Development Network Babies Can’t Wait
Here’s to keeping families first … until next time,
Responsive. Innovative. Trusted.
Nebraska Extension provides research-based information to help you make informed decisions any time, any place, anywhere – http://lancaster.unl.edu
If you live outside of Lancaster County, Nebraska, be sure to check out the university extension resources in your community. To find your local office, visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/office/locate.shtml