The August issue of The NEBLINE newsletter is now on-line at http://lancaster.unl.edu/nebline! We cover a lot of topics and you’ll find resources for you and your family. Here are just a few of the articles you’ll find in this month’s issue:
- Cherry Creek Habitat Provides Opportunities for Pollinator Education
- Super, Simple Summer Salads (includes recipes for Mighty Quick Apple Cabbage Cole Slaw, Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Parsley & Mint, Corn Salad, Marinated 3-Bean Salad, Pasta Salad, Creamy Cauliflower Salad)
- Time to Visit Nebraska’s County Fairs
- Tips for Managing Time with School Starting and Schedules Changing
- Info on a Reducing Falls Workshop this Fall
- Preparing For & Entering Kindergarten
- Summer Livestock Fly Control
- Harvest & Storage of Apples & Pears
- August Garden Guide
- European Wool Carder Bee
- 5 Ways to Protect Pollinators & Beneficial Insects
- 4-H & Youth Programs & Upcoming Events
- Recap of 4-H Clover College and Photos
- 2014 Lancaster County Super Fair Schedule Map
…. and more
If you don’t live in Lancaster County, Nebraska, please make sure to check out your local extension office too. Your extension office has resources for you, your family and community. To find your local office, visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/office/locate.shtml (nationwide listing).
Have a great day!!
Responsive. Innovative. Trusted.
UNL Extension provides research-based information to help you make informed decisions any time, any place, anywhere – http://lancaster.unl.edu